DoorDash unveils new partnerships with top grocers and retailers
DoorDash announces expanded selection with key partners including Sprouts Farmers Market,
EG America, Big Lots, DICK’s Sporting Goods and more.
SAN FRANCISCO, September 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Over the past few years, we’ve accelerated our growth beyond restaurants, introducing on-demand grocery, convenience, liquor delivery and more on the DoorDash app with partners like that Albertsons companies, Walgreens, Big BJ Club, general dollars, and wow, creating more opportunities for retailers of all sizes to expand their digital offerings and reach consumers online. Today, there are over 75,000 non-restaurant retail stores on the DoorDash platform across North America.
Today, we’re excited to announce several new retail partners on DoorDash spanning multiple categories including groceries, convenience, sporting goods, home goods and more.
- Cabbage growers market – We’re excited to announce that starting in October, consumers will be able to shop at over 375 Sprouts Farmers Market stores in DoorDash Marketplace. Consumers will be able to order everything from fresh produce to organic and natural foods and snacks for delivery right to their doorstep.
- EG America – Earlier this week, we announcement a partnership with EG America to offer on-demand delivery of essential convenience products from ten EG convenience brands, including Cumberland Farms, Certified Oil, Fastrac, Kwik Shop, Loaf N’ Jug, Minit Mart, Quik Stop, Sprint and Turkey Hill. Some brands are already live in the DoorDash app, and by the end of the year we’ll expand to over 1,300 EG convenience brand locations. From snacks to sandwiches to pizza and more, consumers can now order items from their local EG convenience brand on the DoorDash app.
- Large lots – Last week we announcement a partnership with Big Lots, one of the largest discount retailers in the United States. Consumers can now shop for home goods, seasonal decorations, bedding, snacks and pantry staples, cleaning supplies, outdoor items, pet care supplies from company and more at over 1,400 Big Lots stores in 48 US states.
- DICK Sporting Goods – Last week we announcement an exciting new partnership with DICK’S Sporting Goods, the premier sporting goods retailer, to offer on-demand delivery from more than 700 stores in 47 states. DICK’S Sporting Goods is DoorDash’s premier sporting goods and apparel retail partner for on-demand delivery.
- giant eagle – We are excited to partner with Giant Eagle, one of the leading regional food retailers, in the DoorDash marketplace, starting with the stores of Columbus, Ohio.
- Weis Markets – We are thrilled to announce that we are expanding our partnership with Weis Markets, a mid-Atlantic grocer on DoorDash Drive. We will now be powering delivery for their proprietary channel in addition to the DoorDash Marketplace.
- Raley’s businesses – Earlier this month, we announcement a partnership with The Raley’s Companies, which includes stores within the Raley’s and Bashas’ division, to offer on-demand grocery delivery from more than 213 locations in multiple cities across Northern California, Nevadaand Arizona.
“DoorDash’s mission is to be the one-stop-shop for all local consumer shopping needs, and that starts with bringing every business on Main Street online. Our goal is to level the playing field for retailers while helping consumers get the most out of their neighborhood. DoorDash is hyper-focused on selection, and we’re thrilled with the significant progress we’ve made in connecting every grocery store, convenience store and retail store to every local consumer,” said said Shanna Prevé, Vice President, Business Development at DoorDash.
Over the past year, the number of customers who have ordered from a grocery store on our platform has increased by 130%1. For retailers on our platform, we focus on how we can bring the best of DoorDash to help all retailers optimize their omnichannel experience for growth and drive incremental sales to reach more customers. Incrementality studies conducted with a number of our grocery and convenience store partners indicate that DoorDash is a 70-90% increase in their existing customer base. We have the team and services to support retailers in any way they choose to grow their business, whether through the DoorDash marketplace or through their own first-party digital channel with DoorDash-powered delivery. Conductour white label execution platform.
We know the trend of wanting more convenience is only going one way as consumers seek faster and easier ways to get their favorite brands delivered the same day. According to our DoorDash Economic Impact Report, 89% of consumers surveyed said convenience and ease of use were important or very important reasons they use the DoorDash app and website. As the world opens up, we want to give customers time to do what they love most, while bringing the best of their communities to their doorsteps.
At the heart of everything we do, we remain committed to growing and strengthening local economies. We look forward to helping retailers grow on our platform in the way they want, while meeting consumers’ needs for simplicity and convenience.
1 From June 2021-June 2022